Today’s post is actually a game. It’s a visualization game. You may have seen me do this on IGTV (wait, you don’t follow us??? Get on that ASAP!). If so, you can direct it to someone you think might benefit using the cues I give below. OR, if you want to run through it again yourself, then have at it, my friend!
Warning: your life will never be the same
visualization to Create yourself from scratch
You’re surely done a visualization exercise before. My first one was way back in high school before tennis matches. Our coach would have us visualize the game we were about to play. Ii didn’t realize at the time, what a powerful tool it is!
Without a lot of direction (as to not sway where your mind goes) this is an easy enough exercise. Simply sit down somewhere comfortable with a pen and paper and answer these questions.
The only directions I will share are: (A) Do this from your heart. Don’t let any negatives or influences from around you come into play. And, (B) Answer these questions as yourself, lol. You can’t become Kate Middleton or Beyonce so imagining that is fruitless!
These answers need to come from inside of you as you alone control your future!
- Imagine how you look feeling completely confident and happy. Move along from your clothing to your accessories, hair, and makeup. How do you feel, looking completely as you imagine?
- Imagine what you fill your surroundings with to create a space that makes you feel both free and protected all at once. Consider the furniture, colors, light, organization, everything that creates your environment. How do you feel, here in this space?
- Imagine how your body feels when it is full of energy for the day with serenity to keep your mind and heart working in harmony? Think about having eaten a meal that nourishes your body and is the perfect quantity. How do you feel, well-fueled and steady in your thoughts, senses, and functions?
- Imagine your body moving fluidly without any aches or pains. Your joints are strong and your muscles are agile. Your organs are working exactly as they are intended without stress or irritation. How do you feel, in your peak physical state?
- Imagine that people around you are unconditionally supporting and encouraging. Your dreams are met with excitement and anticipation. You are lifted up as the people in view inspire you to take each step forward. How do you feel, reflecting on the love and support of these people?
- Imagine feeling joy and excitement for what you get to do today. What activity brings you joy, puts you into a flow, or seems to be calling from deep inside of you? How do you feel, doing that thing?
- Imagine that you have a way to release stress and anxiety. You know how to release negative energy from your mind and body and you practice it anytime you feel the tension build. How do you feel, releasing any negative energy?
- Imagine gaining and improving your knowledge and skill of something new. You are doing something that gives you immense satisfaction. There’s a feeling of accomplishment here that comes from growth. You lose track of space and time as you grow in this area. How does it feel, as you grow?
- Imagine you’re waking up with all of these things in your life. How do you feel this morning?
- Imagine you’re going to sleep with all of these things in your life. How do you feel as you receive it?
The person you created, is it you?
Take in all that you just came up with doing this visualization exercise. Is that who you are today? Was it like looking in a mirror or was it a tantalizing chance to imagine what your life could be, but isn’t?
Here’s the real question, why isn’t this person — YOU — who you just imagined REAL?
What are you doing, each and everyday to make this imaginary YOU into the YOU who wakes up eager everyday to make it better than the last?
There may be a few
reasons excuses, if you’re like many people:
- Change is scary.
- Change is expensive.
- Change is lonely.
- Change is risky.
- Change is vulnerable.
When it comes down to it, anything that isn’t in our past and present can be DAUNTING. Either the people around us or we ourselves create doubt and judgment. Here are just a few scenarios that are all too real.
You just spent four years studying to get into a particular field
and one-month into the new job you’ve discovered
that you can’t stand it another second.
You’re over fifty-years-old and you’re too old to start over again.
You just went through a divorce and one more change might put you over the edge.
You’re a young mom who feels broken at work and unfulfilled at home.
You’re on your sixth career in ten years
and you still feel like you don’t know what you want.
You’re a people-pleaser or care-giver
and don’t feel right about putting your desires first.
You might be one or several of these people. I’ve been ALL OF THEM! lol. (no. seriously.). It’s so hard to make a change when you feel doubt, alone, incapable and judged. I get it.
That’s what I want to help you work on. By putting yourself first, you can become the person you just imagined. That will not only make your life better, but it will make the lives of the people around you better too! (Even if they resist it for a while.)
If you want to find out more, please contact me directly about lifestyle coaching and sign up for the newsletter “Coming Unzipped” that will highlight ways to help you become the best version of yourself, starting deep inside your heart. You can sign up right here!
Life is way to short to waste time living in a way that just feels WRONG! Starting is often the hardest part but once you do, you’ll never look back.
That’s all for today, my friend. Thank you for your time and presence today. Namaste,