Today’s post is sharing my best TIPS for getting the most out of Amazon Prime Days!
Amazon Prime Days are coming back! Starting at midnight PT (that’s 3:00 am EST and 2:00 am CST, did the math ) on Tuesday, October 13, and running through Wednesday, October 14. Before the big event starts, make sure you’re prepared and have a plan of attack to get the best savings possible.
In this post, there are tips to getting set ahead of time. Then, when the big days arrive, you’ll see our picks of what deals you should jump on! Time IS of the essence as many of these deals are temporary for a few hours, or until sold out.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Make a List and stick to it!
This is a tip for ANY sale, including Black Friday (I’m a fan) and Amazon Prime Days. To make sure you stick to your budget, make a list FIRST.
Plan ahead with your list by including upcoming birthdays, St. Nick Day, Christmas, and wish list items for yourself and home.
A great way to organize this list is by using TRELLO.com. It’s the easiest way to organize projects, workflows, and shopping lists. There’s an app that syncs to your desktop that makes it super convenient.
I recommend having an A and B, and possibly C, list (just like you do for a party or wedding … lol).
- A’s are must-haves that you’re things you’re going to buy regardless over the next few months and it’s just great if you can get them for a better price.
- B’s are wishlist items. For these NON-ESSENTIALS you need to choose a price threshold that is your trigger point. If the price goes below this price, then you BUY BUY BUY!!
- C’s are wishlist items that are total splurges. For this list, you do the same thing as you do for the B items BUT the price trigger has to be AMAZING for you to buy it. I mean like 80% off or something crazy like that!
IF you don’t need a single thing then don’t open any emails from AMAZON as you’ll be so tempted to spend money that should be going into your savings account. Let’s be fiscally responsible adults or some sort of imitation of such.
Now, making a list to get the best Amazon Prime Day savings means NOTHING if you’re not a member.
Amazon Prime Days are Members only
In order to get the savings, you need to be an Amazon Prime Member. This is easy enough. Just click HERE. You can join as an annual, monthly, or trial member. All of them get to benefit from Amazon Prime Days, but you do have to be a member.
You’re now a member, so let’s get you the most savings possible starting with some credits in advance of Amazon Prime Day.
Get Amazon Prime Day Credits to Spend
There are a few opportunities to get up to $50 credit to spend on Amazon Prime Days when you spend in advance. To see the details, click HERE. This is the summary:
- SMALL BUSINESS CREDIT: Purchase $10 of select small business products and you’ll earn a $10 credit to use on Amazon Prime Days. Of course, exclusions apply (don’t they always). Limit one per customer.
- WHOLE FOODS CREDIT: Spend $10 shopping online or in-person at any Whole Foods Market and you’ll get $10 Amazon Day Credit.
- Scan the Prime Code in the Amazon app or use a linked mobile phone number at checkout.
- Order delivery or pickup using the Amazon app or by going to Amazon.com/Wholefoods.
- IN-STORE AMAZON SHOPPING: Shop in-store at Amazon physical stores including Amazon Fresh, Amazon Go or Amazon Go Grocery, Amazon Books, or Amazon Pop Up, and Amazon 4-star to get Amazon Day Credits. If you’re fortunate enough to have any of these physical locations near you (I’m not), this is how you get your credit:
- Amazon Fresh: Use the QR code in the Fresh In-Store section of the Amazon app at checkout.
- Amazon Go or Amazon Go Grocery: Use the Amazon Go app or Amazon mobile app tied to an Amazon Prime account to enter the store.
- Amazon 4-star: Use a Prime account at checkout.
- Amazon Books or Amazon Pop Up: Use a Prime account at checkout.
You’ll get an email after your purchase with instructions for how to redeem the credit(s) on during Amazon Prime Days.
Now that you have credits to spend, spend you MUST (jk, make sure you have a list and then stick to it). The Amazon Shopping App is an essential part of your Amazon Prime Days strategy.
Use the amazon shopping app to save $$$
Download the Amazon App
You’ll want the Amazon App to take advantage of some advance savings and then alerts as Amazon Prime Days progress. Go to your App Store and download it!
Already have the App? Head over to the App Store and make sure it’s updated to the current version!
Once you do that, you’ll need to make sure your phone is talking to you.
update setting to allow for push notifications
The challenge with Amazon Prime Days is that new deals come and go but who has the time to watch this all day long (I mean, besides me but I’m doing it for YOU so that doesn’t count). You need to update your Amazon Shopping App to alert you when a deal comes up. Here’s how:
Go over to your cell phone’s settings and get into the NOTIFICATIONS section. There, you will see AMAZON listed. Go in and allow the push notifications. If this bugs you after Amazon Prime Day then you can turn it off on October 15.
Now you need to get into the Amazon App settings. To do this, first, open up the Amazon Shopping App.
- Open the Amazon Shopping App.
- Click on the three hamburger lines at the top left.
- Scroll down until you see Settings. Click on Settings.
- Click on Notifications.
- Toggle ON the Watched & Waitlisted Deals
See the screenshots here if you need more of a visual step-by-step.
Then on October 13th, jump on your Amazon Shopping App and have your shopping list in hand. Start at the three lines in the upper left and scroll down to PROGRAMS AND FEATURES. Click Today’s Deals > Upcoming Deals and then filter to your category. Click “Watch This Deal” to get notified when it happens.
IF the app changes on Amazon Prime Day, which it could, I’ll update it here as soon as I can so you have the correct directions. These are what I can get as I write this post.
On amazon prime day, how is asc helping??
I’ll be frank with all of you, I’ve never tracked Amazon Prime Days as a blogger, although I have shopped just for myself. So what I can do is tell you my plan, and then we’ll kind of adjust our efforts as the day unfolds.
I’m going to send out an update on the top deals that I see, which are in line with DIY, decorating, crafts, cooking, and apparel. I’ll then continually update this page and send out updates to everyone who lets me know that they want to see them.
If you’re already a subscriber, then make sure you respond in one of the emails that you’ve received from me. If you can’t find it, just reach out to me HERE and let me know. I’ll tag you personally.
Not an ASC subscriber? Well, we need to take care of that AND get you on the Amazon Prime Day updates list. To do that, fill out the information below.
and now we wait … or do we???
Yes, we are basically waiting to see what Amazon Prime Days have to offer us this year. BUT you do have opportunities NOW that you can act on asap. Amazon is offering early access deals. Click HERE to see what they’re something on your list!
And, that’s a wrap for now. If you didn’t sign up for the Amazon Day Deals Updates, be sure to at least bookmark this post so you can check it out on your schedule. This is where deals will be updated throughout this year’s Amazon Prime Days.
What’s that? You don’t want to leave just yet. I hear ya!
Still, want to see more? I have your back. Check out ASC’s Pinterest Boards, where there are always new pins happening! In fact, better yet, follow ASC on Pinterest so you know when I add more to my boards (I find great pins!).
Do you have a question or a suggestion? No problem! Email me with all of it and I’m happy to respond.
If you enjoyed this post and want to see all of the great content from American School of Charm, make sure you subscribe. That way, everything is emailed to you directly and you don’t have to search or risk missing anything. Add your name and email below and you’re all set!
Have a fantastic week! Namaste,