Do you remember to give attention to your relationships when life gets crazy?
Over the past few months, life has been extra busy. I know I’m not alone in this reflection. It’s not just the holidays, although that definitely adds A LOT of extra projects. Many of us are juggling work (or the loss of work), remote learning, moods affected by sudden disappointments, and more.
It’s so easy to get into a pattern of focusing just on what ISN’T without taking the time to look around at all that IS. And what IS, includes the people who are most important in your life.
Now, with our expectations of what this year, season, and month can be, it’s extra hard.
So today I’m reflecting. I hope you will too!
Sit down with someone in your house and give them attention. Really talk and listen. Pause. And just enjoy what IS.
taking in this week
Wow, so much has happened in the past week. There have been projects galore. I’m trying to keep up with all that I want to get out to you. That includes timely holiday posts, videos, and social updates. While I haven’t been able to do 100% of what I planned, there was A LOT that did happen. Take a look!
Here’s a fun new take on decorating cookies. Making them just for display as part of your Christmas decorations. Do you prefer to EAT your cookies, lol (yeah, I like that too)? Still take a look at the post because it’s a blog hop so other bloggers have shared some of their favorite cookies.
Ready for a fun way to personalize your gifts AND gives a new Christmas tree ornament? This is the DIY post for YOU! It’s also a blog hop so you get ideas from lots of creatives.
Here I share a super-easy way to make BIG RIBBON BOWS without stress, frustration, or wire! Yay, no wire. You’ll also see how I put together a really pretty holiday floral arrangement.
It’s another GIFT GUIDE that can be for the giving or using on yourself. I break down the bare-bones on just what you need to start sewing and nothing more! I’ve actually shown considerable restraint given what I actually consider my own “essentials” haha!
While this post isn’t new, I’ve added three videos showing how to make the bolster pillow using chunky chenille yarn and finger knitting.
You can also go straight to my YouTube channel to see them as well!
looking to next week …
I’m trying to be very calculating and pragmatic about what I create for you. At this point, the majority of decorating has been done so any projects are either little add-ons or for what you haven’t yet tackled. Well, by my best guess. This is what I’m thinking for the coming week:
- Christmas Home Tour
- Facebook Group The Great Create Challenge Reveal
- Tortellini Minestrone Soup Recipe (it’s soooo good, yummers)
- Painting a Coir Door Mat for Winter
- Christmas Throw Pillows
- Creative Ways to Wrap Your Gifts (Facebook LIVE – Christmas Decorating and DIYs)
Then the following week, I’m planning to share with you:
- Felting for Christmas
- Name Banners for Stockings
- How to Wrap Dining Room Chairs for Christmas
- Last Minute Christmas Gift Ideas
- The Easy Way to Make Beautiful Christmas Stockings
I’d love to hear if you think I should change up this order! Email me or comment below and give me your thoughts.
On Friday, December 11th, I’ll be doing a Facebook LIVE for the group Christmas Decorating and DIYs at noon EST. It’s a HUGE group, so join if you want to see what I have to share!
Let’s see what my blogging friends are up to
- Garden Style Holiday Touches for the Entry Way | From Farmhouse to Florida
- Laundry Room Makeover – Christmas Edition | Faith and Farmhouse
- 22 Dollar Tree Christmas DIY Ideas | The Maker’s Map
- Holiday Gift Guide | Our Signature Swag
- Traditional Christmas Table Decor in the Dining Room | Calypso in the Country
- The Best Cookie Dough Recipe for an Embossed Rolling Pin | Chalking Up Success
- DIY Mercury Glass Globe | A Loverly Life
- My Santa Christmas Cabinet | My Weathered Home
- Frosted Mistletoe Christmas Tablescape | My Family Thyme
- Make Your Own Wood Photo Christmas Tree Ornament | MTB Living
- A Modern Vintage Christmas Home Tour in Classic Colors | My Homier Home
- Chewy Gingersnap Cookies | My Home and Travels
- Vintage Santa Themed Christmas Porch Decorations | Virginia Sweet Pea
- Rustic Farmhouse Christmas Decorating Ideas | Stacy Ling
- An Easy Christmas Crate and Pinterest Challenge | Country Road 407
- A Girls’ Winter Wonderland Holiday Bedroom | Bloom in the Black
- Cottage Christmas Home Tour | Cottage on Bunker Hill
- Holiday Gift Ideas for Babies | This Dear Casa
- I Just Couldn’t Help Myself | Living a Real Life
- Christmas Tour of the Garden House and Video | Farmhouse 1820
Still, want to see more? I have your back. Check out ASC’s Pinterest Boards, where there are always new pins happening! In fact, better yet, follow ASC on Pinterest so you know when I add more to my boards (I find great pins!).
Do you have a question or a suggestion? No problem! Email me with all of it and I’m happy to respond.
If you enjoyed this post and want to see all of the great content from American School of Charm, make sure you subscribe. That way, everything is emailed to you directly and you don’t have to search or risk missing anything. Add your name and email below and you’re all set!
Have a fantastic week! Namaste,