This is a Group Project page helping you to bring some creativity into your world!
Let’s CREATE as a group project! It’s something new! This is going to be an interactive craft page, which if it goes well, I’d love to keep up as a regular feature of ASC.
Here’s what I’m thinking …
I’ll breakdown a group project for you to try at home. All of the materials needed and supplies will be identified by me and shared on this page. The instructions will come in the form of FaceBook LIVE streams (so you need to follow ASC on Facebook, click HERE to do so).
That way you can make comments on our Facebook Page as we go and share your progress on the page.
To make sure you get every update on Facebook, follow this quick video:
This will be the HUB of the current group project. As soon as we finish, I’ll move it to the DIY Library. The DIY Library is available for subscribers, so NOW is your time to test out one of our projects if you’re debating subscribing. Love it? Subscribe … not sure, try the next one!
OR… you can just subscribe right now and check that to-do off your list! Add your name and email right here and you’re all set.
This is my FIRST FaceBook LIVE so it’s a bit rough. The echo and sound will have to be dealt with so please (patience) keep watching and we can grow together!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Let’s get started with a little holiday friend:
Meet, Douglas Fir, our little holiday winter gnome mascot! Making him was a fun experiment that YOU can now do at home … with me!
Doug is about 15″ tall and combines basic knitting and sewing skills. All of the sewing can be done by machine or hand. The knitting … is perfect for ANYONE! While this little guy did get me interested in knitting, which I’m now learning for real, when I made him I had NO knitting knowledge at all.
This is a fun project to do with kids too!
Your first assignment,
get all of your supplies and FOLLOW the ASC Page
Here are the supplies you need to have to make Doug, as shown above. Feel free to substitute, especially if you can use up supplies you already have at home.
- LOOPS & THREADS® KNIT QUICK™ KNITTING LOOM SET
- LOOPS & THREADS™ FLOWER LOOM
- Sweater Yarn (e.g., Loops & Threads® Cozy Wool™ Yarn in Moss Green)
- Sweater Trim & Hat Pom-Pom Yarn (e.g., Lush Alpaca™ Yarn By Loops & Threads® in White)
- Yarn for Arms (e.g., Charisma™ Tweed Yarn by Loops & Threads® in Taupe)
- Yarn for Hat (e.g., Lion Brand® Homespun® Thick & Quick® Yarn in Edwardian)
- 1/4 yard Skin Tone Flannel for Face (e.g., RTC Fabrics Cotton Flannel 44″ Quilting SOLID CREAM Fabric)
- 1/4 yard Plaid Flannel for Body (e.g., Gray Black Buffalo Plaid Flannel 1.75″ Check Fabric
- Black Fat Square for Shoes (e.g., Waverly Inspirations Cotton 18″ x 21″ Fat Quarter Solid Onyx Print Fabric)
- 5″ x 8″ Short Pile Fur for Muffler (e.g., DARICE FUR SHEET 9X12″ SHORT PILE WHITE)
- 4″ x 20″ Long Pile Fur for Beard and Hair (e.g. SILVER GRAY CRAFT FUR: LONG PILE BY DARICE)
- Poly-Fil Stuffing
- Poly-fil® Poly-Pellets® Weighted Stuffing Beads
- Sewing Machine and Supplies (optional)
- Hand Sewing Supplies (optional)
First Step: Knit Arms, Sweater, and Hat
Using the Quick Knit Looms, you need to “knit” the cozy arms, sweater, and hat.
As far as measurements, you’ll need to knit the following lengths:
- Hat: Green Knit Quick Loom, 6″
- Sweater: Purple Knit Quick Loom, 9″
- Arms: Flower Knit Quick Loom, 11″
That’s the first step. To move on to the next step you need to have on hand your fabric and fur!
If you love being creative, check out these posts:
Do you want more inspiration to keep the creativity flowing?
Still, want to see more? I have your back. Check out ASC’s Pinterest Boards, where there are always new pins happening! In fact, better yet, follow ASC on Pinterest so you know when I add more to my boards (I find great pins!).
Do you have a question or a suggestion? No problem! Email me with all of it and I’m happy to respond.
If you enjoyed this post and want to see all of the great content from American School of Charm, make sure you subscribe. That way, everything is emailed to you directly and you don’t have to search or risk missing anything. Add your name and email below and you’re all set!
Have a fantastic week! Namaste,