This week the subject of seasonal overwhelm is on the mind of a lot of people. In a year like no other, it’s an opportunity to pivot into a season of giving.
This week has been challenging for so many of us. I want to stay positive and optimistic yet it’s hard at times. Not just with the pandemic, but also with so much to do and so many shifts happening.
Welcome to the first “Happy Hour” with American School of Charm. This is a new space, to reflect, look at the present, and consider the coming week. Launching this on the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving was not intentional yet I think it’s perfectly appropriate!
So let’s share for a moment. Our coming week, like every year at this time, is full of busy-ness getting the right meals ready and sales organized. Budgets need to get in line and time management is a huge PRIORITY as we plan our cooking, celebrating, working, cleaning, and YAY [possibly shopping] a long weekend.
I think, for me, the change to our normal routine is making me appreciate the details of time together that may have been overlooked more in the past with excitement of having many people together. You know, seasonal OVERWHELM!
While this year is absolutely no exception with the many items on everyone’s to-do list, I think most of us are stepping back and are ready to smile, relax, and enjoy what IS well and good.
For me, not surprising, I’m excited to make our home especially festive this year. To some of you, that’s not important. Yet with my family, we LOVE to decorate and make our surroundings a spectacle in the best sort of way. It’s a way to bond that started with my mother and father (as he’d yell hanging up the tree lights EVERY single year, haha).
My oldest daughter, Sophie, and my middle daughter, Shelby, both include a LOT of holiday content on their blogs. You should check them out, By Sophia Lee and The Guide Inc. So while we can’t have a huge gathering, our smaller festivities will be decked out!
This is one small way that we’re adapting. Doing little things, in our case decorating a little bit MORE, to make a horrible year for so many reasons, have some highlights!
What are you doing this year to shift the seasonal overwhelm into seasonal bliss? Please comment!
Let’s take a look at what some of my friends are up to!
Wow, if you don’t have an standby arsenal of ways to handle seasonal overwhelm, then you will after checking out some of these posts! Seriously, these ladies are the BEST!!
- The ULTIMATE Guide to Poinsettias Care | Stacy Ling
- The Best Pumpkin Spice Latte Custard Shake | Simply 2 Moms
- Countdown To Christmas Wood Advent Calendar | Cottage on Bunker Hill
- 21 Wonderful Kitchen Things For Fall Cooking and Baking | Mrs. Coleman
- The Thankful Tree – Simple DIY Craft for Thanksgiving | Simply 2 Moms
- How to Dry Orange Slices + 3 Quick Christmas Decorations to Make With Them | Bloom in The Black
- How To: The BEST Homemade Hot Cocoa Bar | Haute House Love
- Easy No Sew Christmas Tree DIY | Faux Your Eyes Only
- Stylish & Affordable Botanical Art for Your Gallery Wall | Chalking Up Success
- Dying Bottle Brush Trees | My Weathered Home
- One-Post Turkey Alfredo Using Leftover Turkey | My Home and Travels
- Simple Thanksgiving Tablescapes | Faith and Farmhouse
- Cozy Thanksgiving Table for Four | Make Mind a Spritzer
- Five Must-Haves for Keeping the Holiday Season Organized | Cottage in the Mitten
- DIY Modern Color Block Wall | The Handcrafted Haven
- Aging Gracefully – The Ordinary Skincare | Now Choose Life
- Homemade Lavender Scented Epsom Bath Salts | Pine Cones and Acorn
- Coastal Shabby Chic Office Refreshed for the Holidays | From Farmhouse to Florida
- How to Set a Thanksgiving Table with Warm Fall Colors | Calypso in the Country
- 6-Week Countdown to Christmas Checklist | My Homier Home
- How to Make an Easy DIY Dollar Tree Cutting Board Christmas Sign | The Makers Map
Holy cow! Right?! I mean, we have everything covered here from plants, food, anti-aging skin care, bath salts. This is possibly the best part of the week and is WHY I’m calling this page “Happy Hour”! (I also write it on Saturday night sipping a glass of wine, that helps too! lol).
Let’s recap ASC’s happenings … thanks to you!
If you want to see my top posts per Google over the last 30 days, here they are:
- How to Make a Drawstring Gift Bag
- How to Make a Farmhouse Wreath that Sparkles!
- How to Make Fall Leaf Cookie with Royal Icing (Vegan)
- How to Use Scandinavian Decor as Holiday Table Inspiration
- How to Make a Rustic Wreath for Your Front Door
- How to Make a Winter Gnome
- 9 Expert Tips for the Stickley Warehouse Sale (I guess people are planning for Black Friday, lol)
- How to Make a Simple Christmas Table Set
- How to Thrift Flip a Long Denim Maxi Skirt
Some of these have been featured on other websites and others have just been posted so it’s fun to watch this change!
That’s it for this week! I hope you have an AMAZING Thanksgiving and take time to pause and consider the blessings we all have (even if they’re hidden)!