This post walks you through how to make a Taco Tuesday Recipe that’s an alternative to traditional tacos!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for qualifying purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you.
Who doesn’t love Taco Tuesday?! It’s fun and festive but can get repetitive. Here’s a way to change things up a bit. This recipe for Mexican Pizza is incredibly
Mexican pizza takes no culinary skill
Possibly the best feature of this Taco Tuesday recipe, aside from the delicious taste, is the ease of assembly. If you want to have kids make dinner one night, Mexican Pizza is the recipe to pick!
Start with a basic pizza shell. Raw pizza dough doesn’t seem to hold up to the weight of toppings as well as a shell. Our choice is gluten-free but you can use any pizza shell that
With a little drizzle of olive oil, coat the shell and pop it in the oven to pre-cook for about 4 minutes. We like to use a pre-seasoned pizza screen so the crust gets crisp.
Transfer the pre-cooked shell back to a large cutting board to start assembling the toppings.
The first layer is cream cheese. A quick hack to make this easier is to leave the cream cheese out to soften to room temperature or just pop it in the microwave for 20 seconds. This will make it spread like icing. Get it all over the crust leaving just a slim rim around the perimeter of the shell.
Next up comes half of the packet of taco seasoning. If you have a large container as shown then just sprinkle enough to cover the entire layer of cream cheese.
Then you’ll drain the three cans of black beans, Mexicorn, and Rotel tomatoes and spread them evenly over the shell.
Next comes more taco seasoning. Either use up the rest of the packet or, if using a large container, sprinkle heavily across entire pizza.
At this point you can also add shredded chicken if you like.
Shred the cheese and sprinkle over the entire pizza. We’re almost there!
Transfer back to the pizza screen and cook at 425º for approximately 8 minutes or until the edges are golden and cheese is bubbling.
Allow to sit for 5 minutes to cool before cooking. Cut into 8 slices and serve. Delicious!
TACO TUESDAY MADE fácil AND Delicioso!
Sometimes in life, actually often in today’s world, there isn’t the time to put in an hour before everyone wants to eat. This is the perfect recipe for just that situation any night of the week but especially when you need a Taco Tuesday recipe. Finish off with a margarita and it’s a good night!
Taco Tuesday recipe: mexican Pizza
- 2 tsp - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 - Mama Mary's Gluten Free Thin Pizza Crust
- 4 oz - Cream Cheese
- 1 pkg. McCormick Taco Seasoning
- 1 @ 10 oz can - Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilis
- 1 @ 15 oz can - Black Beans
- 1 @ 11 oz can Green Giant Steam Crisp Mexicorn
- 16 oz - Colby Jack or Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Brush olive oil over pizza shell with pastry brush or fingers. Put on pizza screen and pre-cook shell for 4 minutes.
- Put cream cheese into the microwave for 20 seconds (approximately) to soften. Spread a thin coat over entire pre-cooked pizza shell leaving a small rim of plain shell around edge of shell.
- Sprinkle half the package of taco seasoning evenly across cream cheese.
- Top with drained tomatoes, beans, and corn.
- Sprinkle remaining taco seasoning evenly across pizza.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Cook at 425º for 8 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from pizza screen, transitioning to cutting board. Allow to cool for approximately 5 minutes before slicing and then enjoy!
Shredded chicken is an optional ingredient that can be added under the layer of cheese.
Serving Size2 slices
Amount Per Serving Calories 1140Total Fat 61gSaturated Fat 31gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 25gCholesterol 140mgSodium 1893mgCarbohydrates 100gFiber 13gSugar 5gProtein 50g