This post shares a recipe for an easy to make gluten-free tomato pesto pasta that everyone will love. It’s definitely one to add to your regular week-night meal rotation!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for qualifying purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you.
How would you like to make a meal that takes 15-minutes, is gluten-free, and everyone will gobble down? Yes, it seems like a unicorn but it’s real. This is a meal that originated out a hunt through the pantry. You know those evenings when your energy is too low to stop at the grocery store but you didn’t buy anything to make? Now, this scavenger
The protein you add is completely up to you. Sometimes you might even want to offer a couple of protein options like a buffet line. Some winners to try include shrimp, chicken, and tofu (Nasoya Toss’ables garlic and herb). Be creative and see what your family likes!
Does it seem like almost all of the recipes shared here are gluten-free? Well, yes, most of them are as this has become a health concern for many of us. As we get older, our body reacts to food differently. Caffeine, sugar, gluten, dairy, and alcohol all can all leave us feeling bloated, sleepless, jittery, nauseated, or worse.
That pain is a truth for a lot of us, which is why the recipes we share here are so often gluten-free, dairy-free, or vegan.
That doesn’t mean that YOU have to make these adaptations if your body isn’t bothered in the same way. Go ahead and use real pasta. Try a whole-grain option or a plant-based variety for your overall health.
Now let’s move onto our delicious gluten-free tomato pesto pasta (or not gluten-free)!
Gluten-free tomato pesto pasta
- Cook pasta per directions.
- In a 5-quart sauté pan drizzle virgin olive oil over medium-low heat. Add diced shrimp (or other protein substitute) and heat stirring occasionally.
- Add entire can of diced tomatoes (do NOT drain) and basil pesto to shrimp. Stir regularly.
- Add Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes to sauté pan. Continue to heat on medium-low heat until simmering.
- When pasta is finished to your preference, drain and add to sauté pan. Continue to heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve in pasta bowls. Garnish with shaved parmesan cheese and pinenuts.
Share to food; share the recipe
Looks yummy, right? It’s definitely a household favorite and there has yet to surface a person, of any age, who doesn’t like this super easy dish.
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be hard. Want to add a little bit more to this delicious meal? Try serving it on a bed of chopped spinach. More of the good greens, yay!
If you’re looking for another easy weeknight meal idea, read our post for Mexican Pizza.
Remember, if you like this recipe, please share it! If you have any questions or comments, contact us!